RECAP Developer Resources
Watch the recorded video of the RECAP system overview Google Hangout:
(VIEW SLIDES HERE)
- Charles Proxy: We love Charles Proxy, and we used it extensively in developing the RECAP Firefox extension. The developer of Charles Proxy, Karl von Randow, has graciously donated a site license of the software for use by all participants in the competition. We’ll send out the license details individually to developers. We have a sample Charles session that we will use during the Hangout to illustrate the API, which you can download here.
- Virtualbox VM: We have created a VirtualBox VM image that you can download, containing the recap-server development environment pre-configured on Ubuntu. Sometimes the dependencies are a pain, so hopefully this makes it easier. You can download the virtual machine image here (the .tgz should be a faster download) (username/password within the VM is recapper/recapper).
- Hangout Slides: Here are the slides referred to during the hangout. They document the basic client-server API.
- Setting up a Firefox extension dev environment
- Aaronsw Memorial Grants Home page: http://www.plainsite.org/aaronsw/index.html
- RECAP Firefox Extension code on github
- RECAP Chrome Extension code on github
- RECAP Server code on github
Feel free to post stuff in the comments here and we can add it to the list.